Sunday, October 14, 2012

Intentions


When intentions were asked during Mass today, someone behind me said, "For Malala Yousafzai, for her recovery, that she may continue to be a leader for her people."

I had been thinking of her as I walked to church this morning: how all these beautiful buildings and the disciplines they house are open to me; and how, if I had been born in another time or another place, to another family and culture, it could all have been impossibly out of reach.

I am grateful for the Malala's of the world, who know that what I have is important, and who won't be stopped from demanding it for themselves and their sisters and brothers. I'm here because those other women and men were not afraid.

So, yes, for her recovery, that she may continue to lead not only her own people but us, we pray to the Lord.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful post and prayer; I agree wholeheartedly.

The Autumn Rain said...

Thanks, Erica. I am in awe of Malala: so strong and just 14.