Monday, December 16, 2013


It's over halfway to Christmas, according to my Advent calendar. Halfway to Christmas, several inches of snow on the ground, and only a few lingering items on my academic to-do list: a Greek exam, a Greek composition, and a paper on Hume. The exam and the paper will be done by Tuesday. The composition will come with me on my Christmas vacation (sad, but true: there simply hasn't been enough time).

And Christmas vacation?

Not Oregon this year.
Colombia.
With my philosopher and his family.

I already miss my family and our Christmas, but this feels right: it was the next thing to be done.
And Colombia! What a place to do it--
what a way to spend my first Christmas away from home!

1 comment:

Diane Wheeler said...

Columbia -- how exciting! Enjoy your travels, and blessings on your final assignments.

Much love,
Auntie Di